Important Notice

Effective May 9-July 29, 2016, SKYCTC will be open Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. During the weeks of May 30 and July 4, the College will be open Tuesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. For general assistance, please contact the Go KCTCS! Student Service Center at 855-246-2482.


Withdrawing or Dropping Classes

Withdrawing from a class always affects financial aid.

Withdrawing during drop/add reduces your "Actual" financial aid prior to disbursement.

Withdrawing from a class you never start requires immediate repayment of the unearned financial aid.

Withdrawing from a class and receiving a “W” does not require repayment of financial aid as long as you remain enrolled in your other classes for the full term.

Withdrawing from all classes OR failing all classes requires immediate repayment of any unearned financial aid (R2T4) unless you attended more than 60% of the term.

A “W” (withdraw) on your transcript always affects financial aid.  Even if no repayment is necessary, a “W” is unsuccessful and affects your Satisfactory Academic Progress for future financial aid eligibility.

No-Show Policy

Faculty are responsible for reporting students who do not attend class within the first week and, for online classes, students with whom they have had no academic contact during the first week.

Remember: merely logging in to the class does not constitute attendance or academic contact. Consult your instructor for specific dates which they expect attendance/academic activity, and to ensure you have completed the necessary work to meet their attendance policy.

If you fail to meet these requirements, you are considered to be a “no-show”.  If you are a Financial Aid recipient, and you are reported as a no-show, you will have your aid adjusted to reflect the actual number of credits for the courses you are attending. When you have received financial aid, and are dropped as a no-show, the college must return that portion of funding to the federal government.

Only students that were reported in error will be allowed to be enrolled back into the class. If this situation arises, your instructor must contact the financial aid office requesting that you be reinstated. If reinstated, aid will again be adjusted based on your enrollment status and eligibility.