Words cost and financial aid with girl faceing the screen

Apply for Financial Aid

Applying for Federal Financial Aid

Financial Aid consists of federal, state and institutional grants, loans, work-study, scholarships and other assistance.  You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for most types of financial aid.  A new FAFSA is required for each SCHOOL YEAR (a school year is fall semester, spring semester and summer term in that order).

Once your FAFSA is submitted with the Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC) school code (005271), results are delivered to the school in about a week. You will receive a confirmation email when the school receives your results along with instructions if additional information is necessary.  Or, check your "to do" list on KCTCS/SKYCTC Student Online Self-Service (PeopleSoft) web site.  Notifications are sent by email to the address listed on the FAFSA as well as the student email address once it is active.  Financial aid amounts, once determined, are available to view in Self-Service (PeopleSoft).

If you need assistance accessing self-service, email or using the web site, please contact the SKYCTC helpdesk in the Media Center/Library in Building C on the main campus.    

Students who do not apply by the priority deadline may experience a delay in financial aid approval and must be prepared to pay tuition and purchase books.


In order for your financial aid to be ready when your classes begin,
please submit your FAFSA as soon as possible.

Submit FAFSA before July 15 if enrolling for the fall Semester
Submit FAFSA before December 1 if enrolling for the Spring Semester
Submit FAFSA before April 1 if enrolling for the Summer Term

If you submit your FAFSA by the priority date and promptly reply to
all subsequent financial aid office requests, your financial aid should
be ready for you when the semester begins.

 FAFSAs submittted after the priority date will be processed after school  
begins, so you will have to make alternative payment arrangements.
Contact the Tuition Office for details. A payment plan is available.


Types of Financial Aid